One Last Look Back

One Last Look Back

I’m off to go see Harry Potter later today, which effectively ends the decade long relationship I’ve had with this series. It’s hard to think that I was just a kid when this all started, maybe a year older than Harry at the most. But now I’ve grown up, and he’s grown up, as has the rest of his gang as seen above. It’s hard to remember just how little they all were when this thing started, and even if the movies have flaws, I maintain that they were perfectly cast in almost every role.
I don’t really care if people give me shit for liking Harry Potter, though I do take offense to any comparisons that say it’s like being a Twilight fan. As Stephen King said “”Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing the right thing in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.” Not to mention that the writing disparity between JK Rowling in Stephanie Meyer is just lightyears wide.
I miss this series, and have since the last book was released. I like the films, but as I already know what’s going to happen, they’re never quite as exhilarating as the books were. It seems crazy to think you could be out of breath in anticipation turning the pages of a book, but that’s how I felt reading most of the series.
I hope the Potter-verse lives on in some form, and the Rowling perhaps decides to revisit it someday with more books. That will probably happen right after George Lucas makes episodes VII through IX, but I can dream can’t I?
So here’s to you Harry, thanks for being a part of my growing up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
SUBSCRIBE TO RSS