Rushiraj Pawar Got Role In ‘Chandragupta Maurya’ By Chance

Rushiraj Pawar Got Role In ‘Chandragupta Maurya’ By Chance

Rushiraj PawarVadodara, April 13: Mumbai teenager Rushiraj Pawar could never have imagined that losing his way to his grandparents’ house will actually turn out to be a blessing in disguise for him and launch his acting career.
The 13-year-old child actor actually bagged his lead role in Imagine TV’s period drama ‘Chandragupta Maurya’ by chance while he, along with his parents, was seeking directions from people to reach his grandparents’ house.
‘I was travelling with my parents and we were going to my grandparents’ new house when we lost our way. While we were asking for directions, my father saw that some kids of my age were reading scripts, so we realized that some auditions were on. On enquiry, my father came to know that it was for this show. So, we got interested too and gave an audition and got selected. It was such a nice experience,’ Rushiraj told IANS in an interview.
The Class 8 student of Oxford Public School in Mumbai, who plays the protagonist’s role in the show, revealed that he has learnt a lot about the ancient Indian king after being a part of the show.
‘I knew that Chanakya was the guru of Chandragupta Maurya, who was a very powerful ruler but when I started doing the show, I got to learn a lot about him. Now I know a lot about him and have much more information about his life than I had. Which I think is good,’ said Rushiraj, who also acted in Marathi film ‘Manya: The Wonder Boy’ that released in January.
The child actor works for almost 12 hours on days he shoots, which is almost 20-25 days a month, and still finds time to study.
‘I shoot whenever there is my scene. But approximately 20-25 days a month, I shoot for the show. Twelve hours maximum. The people behind the show really take good care of me. They give me all the facilities – glucose drink after the shot, umbrella in the sun. So I enjoy the shoot, even if it’s in the sun. They care so much that it doesn’t seem difficult and becomes a nice experience,’ said the actor.
‘The production house has given a letter to my school and on the basis of that they have promoted me. I didn’t have to give my exams. The school is being very cooperative,’ he added.
Rushiraj, the only child of a photographer father and a homemaker mother, said despite his acting career his friends treated him the way they did earlier.
‘There has been no change in the behaviour of my friends and schoolmates. It’s just that they are very happy for me. They are proud of me. But they still treat me as a friend like they used to,’ he said.
And finally isn’t it challenging to essay the role of such a great historical figure?
‘There is no pressure but yes it’s challenging at times. I feel nervous because it’s a big show. But I manage,’ said the actor, who wants to grow up and pursue an acting career.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
SUBSCRIBE TO RSS